DID YOU KNOW?
- Learning to read should begin before your child enters Kindergarten
- The best way to encourage your child to read is for you to read to them
- Families who read together improve their children’s vocabulary
- Children with larger vocabularies become better readers
Growing Readers is a free & self-paced program. It’s easy to participate – and the rewards are priceless.
HOW IT WORKS
#1 | Register your little reader by calling a branch.
#2 | Pick up a Growing Readers bag. The welcome bag includes your first free book!
#3 | Track every time a book is read to your child. Use the paper tracker supplied in your Growing Readers bag. There is one tracker for every 50 books read, from the first book to the one-thousandth book. You can also download and print the paper trackers from here:
#4 | Earn prizes for every 100 books read.
# 5 | Complete the program by reading 1,000 books. If you read just 3 books a day, you can achieve 1,000 in a year.
READ 2,000 BOOKS & EARN A “SUPER” GROWING READER PRIZE
For all of you out there who have asked to keep going past 1,000 books, there is now a prize for you super readers. If you read to 2,000, you can pick up a Growing Readers t-shirt for your preschooler in a 2T, 3T or 4T size! Please talk to your branch librarian if you have questions about how to become a “super” Growing Reader.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT GROWING READERS
- Email email@example.com
- Call one of our branches
- Find storytimes and playgroups for preschoolers on our events calendar