North Albany Branch
The North Albany Branch is currently closed for renovation. We project this library will open in 2022.
We like to think of our North Albany Branch as the biggest little branch of the Albany Public Library!
The City School District of Albany recently purchased the building, and the YMCA no longer operates there. The building, including the library space, in undergoing a major construction project now. The project will involve adding a new entrance just for the library, bathrooms, and more program space.
When it reopens again, this convenient branch is a perfect place to check your email, pick up your requests, and browse our book, magazine, CD, and DVD collections.
Located just past the warehouse district with plenty of off-street parking, the North Albany Branch is a great resource for kids, teens, and adults.
To get there by bus:
Route 22 – Broadway & North 3rd St
Branch Manager: Rebecca Lubin
616 North Pearl Street Albany NY 12204 518-427-4300 ext. 6
- Ongoing Programs
- Off-street parking
- Six public access computers
- Black & white printer ($0.10/page)
- Black & white photocopier ($0.10/page)
- Color photocopier ($.50/page)
- Scanner — coming soon
- Free Wi-Fi
- Crafternoons – Make fun seasonal crafts every Wednesday afternoon using our easy-to-assemble craft materials (kids)
- Storytimes – Our Librarian selects wonderful, age-appropriate books, sings songs, and engages in rhyming and finger play (kids & families)
- North Albany Book Club – Monthly book discussion of great fiction and nonfiction titles (adults)
- Board Game Club – Bored? Came play one of your favorite board games, or try out a new one (kids)
- Movie Club – Join us every Friday afternoon for a free movie screening – the whole family is invited!
- Crafting for Adults – Join us every other Wednesday night to make something beautiful! (adults)
- Arts & Crafts Social Hour – Spectrum-friendly arts and crafts social hour for adults every other Tuesday afternoon (adults)