CURRENT PHASE: HIGH | (Updated 12/14/21)
- The following in-person services are suspended: meeting rooms, all indoor and outdoor programs.
- Indoor seating is allowed with social distancing in place.
- Study rooms may be used with the following requirements: maximum of two people per study room at a time, the door will stay open for airflow, and masks must be worn.
- Book and material returns must be done via interior and exterior book drops.
- All other services are available, including: browsing, pickup and checkout of materials, computer use, purchasing/replenishing CDTA Navigator bus passes, printing/copying/faxing/scanning, and reference assistance.
- Everyone, over age 2, must continue to wear a mask in all library buildings.
Our Delaware Branch is a true jewel in this eclectic and vibrant neighborhood! Purchased and renovated in 2009, the exterior of a Prairie architecture-style funeral home retained its distinctive appearance, but the 9,500-square-foot interior was fully transformed into a modern neighborhood library. The Delaware Branch is a silver LEED-certified building, which means it is energy efficient and sustainably constructed with cost effective “green” systems.
Named an Outstanding Public Library Building in 2010 by the New York Library Association, this branch also boasts ample parking and outdoor space where we get to show off our Trolley Tree, a sculpture made from the trolley tracks that once ran along Delaware Avenue and a gift from the Delaware Merchants Association. With separate spaces and computers for adults, kids, and teens, and beautiful, cozy common areas and comfortable seating, this branch is truly a Delaware Area hot spot!
To get there by bus:
Route 18 – Delaware Ave & Hurlbut St
Route 6 – 2nd Ave & Hoffman Ave
- Special Collections
- Ongoing Programs
- Off-street parking
- 16 public access computers
- Black & white printer ($0.10/page)
- Black & white photocopier ($0.10/page)
- Color photocopier ($.50/page)
- Scanner — coming soon
- Free Wi-Fi
- Domestic: $1.75 for first page + $1 for each additional page
- International: $3.50 for first page + $3 for each additional page
- Sending only; no receiving
- One community meeting room
- Three small-group study rooms
Spanish Book Collection
This collection has everything from board books for early readers, picture books, and chapter books for elementary school students to a wide selection of popular adult fiction and nonfiction titles. The collection includes both original Spanish titles and translations.