Pine Hills Now Open for In-Person Services by Appointment
The Pine Hills Branch is now open for in-person services by appointment. The location at 517 Western Ave. joins two other branches, Arbor Hill/West Hill and Howe, in providing appointment-based, in-building services and assistance.
“Everyone at APL is pleased to welcome patrons back to the Pine Hills Branch for in-person services, which include using computers, making copies, faxing documents, and getting information and research assistance from librarians,” said APL Executive Director Scott C. Jarzombek.
The following in-person services are now available at Pine Hills, as well as at Arbor Hill/West Hill and Howe:
• Copy, print, scan, and fax documents
• Use a computer
• Purchase or replenish a CDTA Navigator card
• Get reference and research assistance from a librarian
• Utilize a notary (limited branches and hours)
• Pick up requested books, DVDs, and other materials (inside the building or curbside)
Appointments for all services are required and are available Monday through Friday from 12:00 pm to 5:30 pm. Times and services may be limited due to availability, staffing, and distancing requirements. Please call the appropriate branch to make an appointment.
• Pine Hills Branch | (518) 482-7911 x221 | 517 Western Ave.
• Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch | (518) 694-0596 x221 | 148 Henry Johnson Blvd.
• Howe Branch | (518) 472-9485 x221 | 105 Schuyler St.
“As we open Pine Hills for appointments, we are closely watching Albany County’s COVID numbers. Safety of staff and patrons is paramount when we make decisions about restarting in-person services. At this time, we are comfortable that our safety protocols, limitations on the number of people in the buildings, and social distancing and masking guidelines will provide a safe user experience,” Jarzombek said.
The library is guided in decision making by the Continuation of Service Plan, which ties phases of reopening, or closing back down, to positive test rates in Albany County and APL staffing capacity.
In order to accommodate in-person services, the APL branches are following established COVID-19 distancing and cleaning protocols.
- Masks that cover the mouth and nose must be worn by everyone over the age of two.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available for patrons.
- Desks and equipment are safely spaced.
- Clear plastic barriers and floor distance markers have been installed.
- Appointments are limited to one person at a time, and there is a time limit for each session.
- Seating is limited to patrons using computers or working with a librarian.
- The collections, newspapers, toys, games, water fountains, and restrooms are unavailable.
- Surfaces, equipment, and computers are cleaned before and after each appointment.
Curbside pickup appointments are continuing at the Pine Hills, Arbor Hill/West Hill, and Howe branches. The Bach and Delaware branches also offer curbside pickup of materials. The North Albany and Washington Ave. branches remain closed.