In-person services by appointment are available at two branches:
Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch
The following services are available — by appointment only — at Arbor Hill/West Hill and Howe:
- Copy, print, scan, fax documents
- Use a computer
- Purchase or replenish a CDTA Navigator card (Howe Branch can only accept cash for Navigator cards)
- Get reference and research assistance from a librarian
- Utilize a notary (limited branches and hours)
Appointments are required! Please call the branch you want to visit to schedule an appointment:
Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch at (518) 694-0596 x221
Howe Branch at (518) 472-9485 x221
Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Times and services may be limited due to availability, staffing, and distancing requirements.
All visitors are required to wear masks. Hand sanitizer and wipes are available.
The APL branches are following established COVID-19 distancing and cleaning protocols.
- A mask that covers the mouth and nose is required to be worn by everyone over the age of two. Staff also wear masks, and gloves if necessary.
- Desks and equipment are safely spaced.
- Clear plastic barriers and floor distance markers have been installed.
- Appointments are limited to one person at a time.
- Seating is limited to patrons using computers or working with a librarian.
- The collections, newspapers, toys, games, water fountains, and restrooms are unavailable.
- Surfaces, equipment, and computers are cleaned after each appointment.
The North Albany and Washington Ave. branches remain closed.