Youth Services & Programs
Albany Public Library’s Youth Services programs focus on literacy, arts, science, and technology education. Our story times, creative play activities, and gaming programs provide a safe and fun environment. We offer after-school tutoring in most subjects, and we partner with a number of organizations to introduce the latest in robotics, coding, and more to kids and teens.
Check out our online calendar or our printed program guide for a complete program schedule!
Programs, Classes, & More
- Raising a Reader Early Literacy Program
- Story Times
- Arts & Crafts
- Science & Technology
- Creative Play
- Summer Reading Program in July & August
- Spaces just for Kids & Teens
- Tutoring & Homework Help – call your branch for more information!
Early Literacy Programs & Resources
- Kids Online Catalog
- BookFlix (for use outside of the library)
- BookFlix (for use at Albany Public Library)
Scholastic BookFlix is a new online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. The engaging way to link fact and fiction, BookFlix reinforces early reading skills and introduces children to a world of knowledge and exploration.