Art At APL
- Show open June 7 through Nov. 2, 2019 at the Pine Hills Branch during regular hours
- Exhibition of regional artists whose work has a whimsical or fantastic quality, suggesting larger stories for readers or viewers to fill in with their imaginations
- Exhibited artists: Jeff Mack, Matthew McElligott, Giselle Potter, Stacey Robinson, Elizabeth Zunon, Darcie Abbatiello, Brian Cirmo, Ann Wolf
Art at APL is a juried fine arts exhibition program at our Pine Hills Branch that showcases the work of contemporary artists connected to the Capital Region. Sage College of Albany’s Opalka Gallery curates the Art at APL program. By integrating artwork into public spaces within the library, the program enriches your library experience and gives you something beautiful to look at while you browse our collections. Art at APL is funded in part by the Albany Public Library Foundation.
Enjoy Special Events & Programs from Art at APL
- Opening Receptions: Whenever we feature a new exhibition, we host an opening with wine, cheese, and great jazz–we essentially transform the branch library into a festive gallery space and invite everyone to an after-hours party.
- Special Tours: Our curator and some of the artists offer programs designed to give kids and adults a closer look at the art on display through their eyes. Art enthusiasts will learn to look at colors and materials and ask what the artists are trying to say. These programs also give visitors an opportunity to learn more about our artists’ creative process.
Twice a year, our professional curator develops an exhibition theme and invites artists to participate. Artists interested in participating in the program are encouraged to submit their work to email@example.com, but there is no guarantee your work will be selected.