Print from Your Laptop
Albany Public Library offers the ability to print from your own personal laptop, using a customized app. The cost of printing is the same as printing from one of the public PCs at a branch, and is debited from your SAM account.
- Connect to our public Wi-Fi SSID, and download the app for either Windows or Mac.
- Extract the installer from the ZIP file.
- Install and run the app. (on Windows, right-click and chose “Run as Administrator”)
- After installing, look for the icon called “Wireless Print System” on your Start Menu.
- The app will appear in the lower-right corner of your screen. Click “Start Print Session” to begin.
- You will need to log in with your library card number and PIN. You also need to select “Wireless Printing” before clicking OK.
- A “Wireless Printer” will appear under your laptop’s list of printers.
- Print to this Wireless Printer and it will be sent to the Print Release Stations located in the computer labs at each branch.
- Head to any Print Release Station at any branch to pick up your print job. At this point, you will be charged the printing fee from your SAM account.
(Wireless Print functionality is coming soon for Android and iOS.)
Note1: This functionality is only available within the library buildings while connected to our public Wi-Fi.
Note2: This functionality currently is not available on the Chromebooks.