North Albany Branch
We like to think of our North Albany Branch as the biggest little branch of the Albany Public Library! When the Capital District YMCA constructed their North Albany facility, they invited Albany Public Library to have a space to serve that neighborhood. Accessible from the YMCA lobby, this convenient branch is a perfect stop before or after a workout.
Check your email, pick up your requests, browse our book, magazine, CD, and DVD collections, and on alternate Wednesday evenings, you can even settle in for a friendly game of chess. Located just past the warehouse district with plenty of off-street parking, the North Albany Branch is a great resource for kids, teens, and adults.
- Ongoing Programs
- Off-street parking
- Six public access computers
- Black & white printer ($0.20/page)
- Black & white photocopier ($0.20/page)
- Free Wi-Fi
- One-on-One Computer Help – Learn the basics and get assistance with resumes, Internet skills, mobile devices, and more (by appointment; adults)
- Story Time – Youth Services librarians select wonderful, age-appropriate books, sing songs, and engage in rhyming and finger play (kids & families)
- North Albany Book Club – Monthly book discussion of great fiction and nonfiction titles (adults)
- Chess Club – Play against friends or pros in a contest of patience, skill, and strategy (all ages)