Our Delaware Branch is a true jewel in this eclectic and vibrant neighborhood! Purchased and renovated in 2009, the exterior of a Prairie architecture-style funeral home retained its distinctive appearance, but the 9,500-square-foot interior was fully transformed into a modern neighborhood library. The Delaware Branch is a silver LEED-certified building, which means it is energy efficient and sustainably constructed with cost effective “green” systems.
Named an Outstanding Public Library Building in 2010 by the New York Library Association, this branch also boasts ample parking and outdoor space where we get to show off our Trolley Tree, a sculpture made from the trolley tracks that once ran along Delaware Avenue and a gift from the Delaware Merchants Association. With separate spaces and computers for adults, kids, and teens, and beautiful, cozy common areas and comfortable seating, this branch is truly a Delaware Area hot spot!
331 Delaware Avenue Albany NY 12209 518-463-0254
- Special Collections
- Ongoing Programs
- Off-street parking
- 16 public access computers
- Black & white printer ($0.20/page)
- Black & white photocopier ($0.20/page)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Domestic: $1.75 for first page + $1 for each additional page
- International: $3.50 for first page + $3 for each additional page
- Sending only; no receiving
- One community meeting room
- Three small-group study rooms
Spanish Book Collection
This collection has everything from board books for early readers, picture books, and chapter books for elementary school students to a wide selection of popular adult fiction and nonfiction titles. The collection includes both original Spanish titles and translations.
- Story Time – Youth Services librarians select wonderful, age-appropriate books, sing songs, and engage in rhyming and finger play. (kids & families)
- Play & Grow Creative Playtime – Let your little ones tap into their imaginations during this unstructured play time. Kids can play with our toy kitchens, blocks, dolls, train sets, etc. (kids ages 0-5)
- LEGO Club – Build something cool with our LEGO kits (kids & teens)
- Farmers Market – Fresh produce from local farms, nutrition tips, and music, hosted by the Delaware Area Neighborhood Association (late June through early November)