Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch
CURRENT PHASE: HIGH | The following in-person services are suspended at this time: study rooms, meeting rooms, in-person reference assistance, all indoor and select outdoor programs, indoor seating, and restrooms. Book and material returns must be done via interior and exterior book drops. There are capacity restrictions on the number of people who can be in each branch building at one time. | Updated 8/25/21
Core services are available in person during all phases of the pandemic | Pickup and checkout of material; browsing of book, music, movie, reference, and all other collections; computer and internet use; copying, printing, faxing, and scanning documents; and purchasing or replenishing CDTA Navigator bus passes.
NOW OPEN ON SUNDAYS | Starting Sept. 12, 2021, the Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch will be open on Sundays from 1 pm to 5 pm from September through June.
Our Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch was newly built in 2010, and its striking contemporary profile stands as a beacon to this historic neighborhood. It is the first-ever library to serve West Hill, and the first in almost 50 years to serve Arbor Hill.
Honored with the 2011 New York Library Association Outstanding Public Library Building Award, this 12,000-square-foot branch features a soaring front atrium with floor-to-ceiling windows and views of the neighborhood, and a beautiful interior garden. This branch is a silver LEED-certified building, which means it is energy efficient and sustainably constructed with cost effective “green” systems. With separate spaces, collections, and computers for adults, kids, and teens, our Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch is the place to be!
To get there by bus:
Route 182 – Henry Johnson Blvd & 1st St
Route 737 – Henry Johnson Blvd & 1st St
Route 100 – Livingston Ave & Henry Johnson Blvd
Route 138 – Livingston Ave & Henry Johnson Blvd
Route 125 – Clinton Ave & Lark St
148 Henry Johnson Boulevard Albany NY 12210 518-427-4300 ext. 2 (NEW!)
- Ongoing Programs
- Off-street parking
- 24 public access computers
- Black & white printer ($0.10/page)
- Black & white photocopier ($0.10/page)
- Color photocopier ($.50/page)
- Scanner — coming soon
- Free Wi-Fi
- Domestic: $1.75 for first page + $1 for each additional page
- International: $3.50 for first page + $3 for each additional page
- Sending only; no receiving
- Two community meeting rooms
- Three small group study rooms
- One-on-One Computer Help – Learn the basics and get assistance with resumes, Internet skills, mobile devices, and more (by appointment; adults)
- Story Time – Youth Services librarians select wonderful, age-appropriate books, sing songs, and engage in rhyming and finger play (kids & families)
- LEGO Club – Build something cool with our LEGO kits (kids & teens)
- Car Q & A – Stop by the library and talk to Will, AH/WH Branch Librarian/car guy, regarding everything automotive (adults)
- Friends of APL Poetry Slam – Monthly gathering of poets and poetry lovers alike (adults)