The Capital Region is home to so many amazing museums! APL partners with a number of organizations to bring great arts and science programming to kids and teens, like the Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery, the Museum of Innovation and Science, and the Children’s Museum of Saratoga. Museums provide amazing opportunities for learning, exploration, and discovery, and we want every resident to have access to the magic and mysteries found in our regional art, history, and science museums. That’s why we offer so many free passes you can check out with your library card!
Museum passes can be checked out at Albany Public Library neighborhood branches—just stop by with your library card.
Museum Pass Rules:
- Checkout limit: 3 museum passes
- Loan period: 7 days
- No renewals
- Passes must be borrowed and returned at the owning library
- Passes may not be requested through our online catalog
- There is a $35.00 replacement fee for each pass not returned
- There is a $5.00 replacement fee if pass is returned without its case.
Museum Pass Options
APL offers passes to the following museums to any Upper Hudson Library System card holder (Albany and Rensselaer counties):