Summer Reading Challenge for Kids & Teens is On!
School is (almost) out and summer reading is in!
From June 17 to Aug. 30, Albany Public Library encourages kids and teens to read by providing prizes and hosting special activities.
This year’s theme is “A Universe of Stories,” so we’ll be hosting a number of programs related to planets, space, and the stars. This youth reading program is for ages 5-17.
- The APL Summer Reading Challenge runs Monday, June 17, through Friday, Aug. 30.
- Kids and teens, sign up at any of our seven branches.
- Read whatever you want—chapter books, graphic novels, biographies, picture books, anime, nonfiction, short stories, comic books, and so on.
- Every week that you read, you earn chances for great prizes. The more you read, the more you earn.
- Visit the libraries for awesome activities, including rocket-building workshops, arts-and-crafts, engineering challenges, singalongs, cooking classes, magic workshops, animal encounters, and much more.
The 2019 APL Summer Reading Challenge is sponsored by Price Chopper and Market 32, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and Stewart’s Shops.
There’s a special Summer Reading Challenge for preschoolers through our Growing Readers program. Visit your favorite branch to register!