Summer Reading Challenge
Summer is here & so is the 2019 Summer Reading Challenge!
June 17 – August 31, 2019
Sign up for the 2019 Summer Reading Challenge at any one of our seven locations!
Summer reading is fun for all ages!
Kids do better in school when they read over the summer – even if it’s for just 10 minutes a day!
To combat the “summer slide,” the library hosts dozens of programs, activities, and events during the Summer Reading Challenge.
Kids and teens can:
- Read whatever they want – fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, chapter books, short stories, comic books, and more
- Level up their reading to get prizes – the more they read, the more they earn
- Visit the library for fun activities – including science experiments, animal encounters, music and cooking lessons, comedy and puppet shows, art and animation workshops, all for free
Check out the summer program guide or online calendar for full listings of activities and events at the library.
Adults – join our Goodreads Group!
Follow the fun & add your own photos!
And don’t forget to include #APLSummer19 on all your posts!
Don’t forget to log how many hours read, no matter what age you are!
Ages 0 – 5:
Grades K – 12:
- K – 12 Reading Tracker
- Keep Reading! 40 Additional Hours Tracking Sheet #1
- Keep Reading! 40 Additional Hours Tracking Sheet #2
(please complete only ONE 40+ Hours Tracking Sheet)
Thank you to our 2019 Summer Reading sponsors – Price Chopper Market 32, Chipotle, & Stewart’s Shops!