More eBooks Available for Patrons through New Partnership
Albany Public Library patrons now have more eBook and eAudiobook options thanks to a new partnership with the Upper Hudson Library System, of which APL is a member, and the Mid-Hudson Library System.
The two systems teamed up to create a Reciprocal Lending Agreement with Overdrive (our primary digital content provider), allowing us to offer our patrons expanded access to eBooks and eAudiobooks. The expanded list of eTitles can be borrowed via Overdrive for computers and the Libby app for devices.
You can add a Mid-Hudson “card” to your OverDrive/Libby account using your existing APL library card number. You can then browse the Mid-Hudson collection and borrow material just as you would normally.
Instructions for accessing this content through OverDrive on a computer:
- 1. At the top of the page, select the “Partner libraries” drop-down menu
- 2. Select “Mid-Hudson Library System”
- 3. Select “Upper Hudson Library System Cardholder” from the drop-down menu
- 4. Sign in using your APL card number (on the back of the card under the barcode)
Instructions for accessing this content through the Libby app on a device:
- 1. Go to MENU > Add Library
- 2. Search for “Mid-Hudson Library System”
- 3. Tap “Sign in with my card”
- 4. Under “Partner Libraries” select “Upper Hudson Library System”
- 5. Sign in using your APL card number (on the back of the card under the barcode)
If you need assistance, please visit a branch or call us at (518) 427-4300.