Programs and Activities Galore at APL
There’s never a reason to be bored if you live in a city with a great public library system! Here at APL, we host dozens of educational and entertaining programs every week — and they’re all free.
Here are just a few highlights:
- Summer art exhibition is on display now at the Pine Hills Branch
- Performance of original songs by Tom McWatters as influenced by the work of author Philip K. Dick on May 27 at Washington Ave.
- Resource fair for military families and veterans on May 29 at Washington Ave.
- Sneak preview of Albany Postcard project in the Local History Room at Washington Ave. on June 20
- Delaware Area Neighborhood Farmers Market returns to the Delaware Branch parking lot every Tuesday afternoon starting June 23
- Summer Reading Program for kids and teens kicks off with parties at every branch on June 27
Plus, we’ve got story times, book groups, computer classes, play groups, gaming nights, arts-and-crafts, chess club, and much more happening every week at our seven branches in Albany. We invite you to stop by and join us for some of these fun and engaging activities!