Pet Care Resources Guide Available from APL
Albany Public Library created the Pet Care Resources Guide to give pet owners information about local animal advocacy and assistance organizations.
The guide includes information and links about:
- Animal advocacy groups
- Animal cruelty investigations
- Help for domestic violence victims with pets
- Crisis intervention for owners of companion animals
- Pet-friendly housing rentals
- Pet wellness clinics
- Rabies vaccination clinics
- Rescue groups
Many of these organizations are dedicated to helping owners keep their pets in their homes and provide free and low-cost solutions to a number of issues, including: food, behavior problems, vaccinations, and spaying and neutering.
APL partners with several local pet organizations — including the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society and SCRUFF — for programs in our branches. See the events calendar for these free pet-related programs.