Garage Bands Concert Series Returns
The award-winning Garage Bands in the Garage concert series returns to Albany Public Library this summer with a kickoff concert on Friday, July 21.
Each all-ages, after-hours show features live music by two talented local bands.
The free concerts take place in the garage of the Washington Ave. Branch (behind the library at the Elk St. parking lot entrance).
All shows are free and take place on Friday evenings from 6 to 8 pm:
July 21 | Front Business and Rob Boss
• Front Business | “Soul/rock band…we want to give you something to feed your mind.” – Front Business
• Rob Boss | Trio. “Alternative rock, indie rock.” – Rob Boss
Aug. 18 | Stoker and Sun Natives
• Stoker | Three-piece (guitar, bass, drums) band. “Alternative, acoustic depression, electric anxiety.” – Stoker
• Sun Natives | “Garage, indie rock, psychedelic.” – Sun Natives
Sept. 15 | Blind Crow and The Lazy Suns
• Blind Crow | “The Albany-based string band…plays bluegrass, folk and ‘dawg music,’ the term often used to describe pioneering mandolinist David Grisman’s blend of bluegrass, jazz and other musical genres.” – Daily Gazette
• The Lazy Suns | “If you took the Flying Burrito Brothers, the Beatles, Townes Van Zandt, Tom Petty, Hank Williams and put them all together in a stewing pot to simmer you would have The Lazy Suns.” – The Lazy Suns
Each show also features a CD garage sale with $1 items. We encourage you to bring a lawn chair and some snacks to enhance your enjoyment of the concert!