Albany History Race Returns Sept. 26
Local history buffs can test their knowledge as they sprint around Albany completing challenges when Albany Public Library’s award-winning Albany History Race returns on Saturday, Sept. 26.
Anyone interested in Albany’s storied past is invited to participate in this “Amazing Race”-style scavenger hunt around the city. Over just a few hours on that Saturday afternoon, teams will receive clues from the library’s local history collection and dash around Albany making quick stops at historic locations.
The final stop of the race is McGeary’s Pub (4 Clinton Sq.) where all participating teams will receive 20 percent off their food and drink that day. The three fastest teams will receive bragging rights and prizes from The Albany Distilling Company, Fort Orange General Store, and other Albany businesses.
Here’s how the race will work:
- Participants must form a team (with all teammates fitting into one car) and register with the library.
- Teams will meet in the Local History Room at the Washington Avenue Branch (161 Washington Ave.) at 1 pm on Sept. 26 to receive clues directing them to locations in Albany.
- Teams will have a few minutes to plan the quickest route to visit the locations.
- Participants will then hop in their team car and race to the designated spots.
- Teams must document their visits with their cell phone or digital camera.
- The fastest three teams to complete the race will receive even greater food and drink discounts at McGeary’s, plus additional prizes.
For more details about the Albany History Race, please call 427-4376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.