Albany History Race Hits Road on Sept. 30
Interested in learning more about Albany’s storied past? Join us for Albany Public Library’s award-winning Albany History Race on Saturday, Sept. 30!
This year’s “Amazing Race”-style scavenger hunt features locations and clues based on the Albany Fire Department’s rich history and notable Albany fires.
The Albany History Race is perfect for history experts, novices, and visitors alike.
Here’s how the race works:
• Participants must form a team (with all teammates fitting into one car) and register.
• Teams meet at the Albany Heritage Visitors Center (25 Quackenbush Sq.) at 2 pm on Sept. 30, to receive clues directing them to locations in Albany.
• Teams have a few minutes to plan the quickest route to visit the locations.
• Participants then hop in their team car and race to the designated spots.
• Teams must document their visits with their cell phone or digital camera.
• The final stop is Albany Distilling Company’s new bar (75 Livingston Ave.) where teams that complete the race get pizza, and prizes are handed out to the fastest teams.
To participate in the race, one member of each team must register via the library’s online calendar.
For more details about the Albany History Race:
Call the library’s Washington Ave. Branch at (518) 427-4376