5 Candidates for Library Trustee
Five candidates will be on the May 16 ballot for three seats on the Albany Public Library Board of Trustees.
The candidates in ballot position order, which was randomly selected, are as follows:
(1) Brenda J. Robinson of Livingston Ave.
(2) Arlene C. Way of Second St.
(3) Sarah Shearer of Prospect Terr.
(4) Dtraecelle Carter of Hudson Ave.
(5) Jenna Pitera of Irving St.
The five candidates all submitted valid nominating petitions to the City School District of Albany to obtain positions on the ballot. The candidates are seeking to fill three library trustee seats, each of which carry a full five-year term.
Current trustees Robinson and Way are vying for second terms. Mary-Ellen Piché declined to run for another term. There are nine trustees on the board.
The public is invited to attend two forums where they can meet the candidates and learn more about the proposed 2018 budget:
• May 1 (Monday) – 6:30 pm at the Washington Avenue Branch (161 Washington Avenue)
• May 4 (Thursday) – 6:30 pm at the Pine Hills Branch (517 Western Avenue)
The library trustee election and budget vote are held in conjunction with the school district. More information about trustee candidates will be available on the library’s website — click on Quick Links at the top right of any page. Details about voting locations are available on the school district’s website.