Homebuyers and homeowners should make plans to attend the Capital Region Housing Fair at APL’s Main Library (161 Washington Avenue) on Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The housing fair includes seminars, consultations, and exhibits. This event is free and open to the public.
Seminars for homebuyers and homeowners include:
- 11 a.m. – Down Payment Program: Learn about down payment programs, matched savings, and other opportunities for homebuyers.
- 12:00 p.m. – NYSERDA’s Home Performance with Energy Star: Learn how your home is wasting energy, and money, and how to fix it. Bring your most recent utility bill to apply for a free or reduced-cost comprehensive home energy assessment.
- 1:00 p.m. – Building a Great Credit Score: Learn about what goes into your credit score and how you can improve it.
Participants can also get free consultations:
- Credit checks and reports (need photo ID)
- Mortgage pre-qualifications
More than two dozen exhibitors—including banks and credit unions, home inspectors, mortgage advisors, realtors, and assistance agencies—will provide information and advice on a one-to-one basis.
The Capital Region Housing Fair is organized by the Affordable Housing Partnership and is sponsored by: Albany Community Land Trust, Albany Housing Authority, Capital Bank, Citizens Bank, City of Albany, M&T Bank, NBT Bankcorp, SEFCU, Wells Fargo, and Albany Public Library.
For more information about the housing fair, call the Affordable Housing Partnership at 434-1730.