Looking for help figuring out how to buy a home, fix your house, make your home more energy efficient, or learn about foreclosure options? Make plans to attend the Capital Region Housing Fair on Saturday, April 27, from 10 am until 2 pm at the Main Library (161 Washington Avenue).
Attendees at the free event can attend seminars:
- 10:30 am: How to Hire a Contractor
- 12:00 pm: NYSERDA’s Home Performance with Energy Star
- 1:00 pm: Homebuyer 101
Free consultations will also be available:
- Free credit checks (photo ID required)
- Mortgage workouts
- Legal advice
Event exhibitors include:
- Affordable Housing Partnership
- Albany Community Land Trust
- Albany County Rural Housing Alliance
- Albany Housing Authority
- Albany Public Library
- Better Neighborhoods Inc.
- Capital Bank
- Citizens Bank
- Community Realty
- First Niagara Group
- HomeSave Coalition
- Housing Resources of Columbia County
- M&T Bank
- National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
- NBT Bancorp
- Pioneer Bank
- TRIP NeighborWorks Homeownership Center
- U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
- Wells Fargo
The Capital Region Housing Fair is sponsored by: Affordable Housing Partnership, HomeSave, Albany Housing Authority, First Niagara, M&T Bank, City of Albany, SONYMA, Community Realty, Capital Bank, SEFCU, Metroland, Pioneer Bank, and Albany Public Library.
For more information, call the Affordable Housing Project at 434-1730.