How do you like our new website? We hope you think it’s awesome! With the streamlined appearance and abundance of photos and graphics, the new site is definitely attractive. But it’s also full of resources for our online library users. The new website is a powerful tool that makes it easier for you to quickly access materials, information, and services.
You’ll find the main navigation offers five categories: Use the Library, Books & More, Programs, Locations, and eLibrary. Here’s a sample of what you’ll find in these sections:
- Use the Library: How to get a library card, access your account, pay fines, request items, use a computer and Wi-Fi, and reserve a meeting room
- Books & More: Books (of course), CDs and DVDs, downloadable books and magazines, interlibrary loan, special collections, local history, databases, and museum passes
- Programs: Adult programs and services, youth programs and services, art at APL, tax assistance program, and Albany Made Creative Lab
- Locations: One page for each of our seven branches including that location’s services, ongoing programs, and special collections
- eLibrary: A quick access section for our digital users to download and stream books, magazines, and movies; download our mobile app; access your account; research databases; and reserve a room
From every page on the website you can search for an item and quickly get connected to your library account, access blog articles and FAQs, and contact APL leaders and staff.
We also have an About APL section where you’ll find information on: library leaders and the Board of Trustees, strategic plan and budget, fact sheet and news, Friends of APL, APL Foundation and other avenues of support, and library policies. And, we have a Staff Pick’s section where we help you find that next great book to read.
We invite you to take a few minutes to tour the new website and tell us what you think!