Library Trustee Candidates Announced
Four candidates will be on the May 17 ballot for three seats on the Albany Public Library Board of Trustees. The candidates (listed in ballot order) are:
- Mitzi Lawrence of Patroon Creek
- Brenda Robinson of Livingston Ave.
- Matthew Finn of Jay St.
- Karen Strong of Chestnut St.
The four candidates are seeking to fill three library trustee seats. Two positions carry full five-year terms and one has a one-year term. Current trustees Donna Dixon, Timothy Smith, and John Davis declined to run for re-election.
The public is invited to attend two forums where they can meet the candidates and learn more about the proposed 2017 budget:
- May 2 (Monday) – 6 pm at the Washington Avenue Branch (161 Washington Avenue)
- May 5 (Thursday) – 6 pm at the Pine Hills Branch (517 Western Avenue)
The library trustee election and budget vote are held in conjunction with the school district. More information about trustee candidates will be available on the library’s website. Details about voting locations will be available on the school district’s website.