Halloween Hijinks for Kids
We’ve got lots of great Halloween activities for kids and teens over the next week. Please join us for the spooky and kooky fun!
In this kooky Disney comedy from 1993, three youngsters and an immortal cat try to stop witch sisters from destroying modern-day Salem, Massachusetts. Fun snacks for the kiddos, too. For ages 5-17.
Librarians help kids and teens get into the Halloween spirit by spinning some scary stories for them. For ages 6-10.
HALLOWEEN DAY | OCT. 31 (Mon)
- Trick-or-Treat for Books | 10:00 am-5:00 pm | Washington Ave. Branch
Every youngster who visits Washington Ave. on Halloween day in his or her costume gets a free book to keep at home. For ages 17 and under.
- Trick-or-Treat | 12:00-8:00 pm | Pine Hills Branch
Kids make festive crafts and get candy to add to their trick-or-treat bags. For ages 5-17.
- Crafts & Trick-or-Treat | 3:00-5:00 pm | North Albany Branch
Kids are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes to make spooky Halloween crafts that they can eat and trick-or-treat for goody bags. Winners of the pumpkin decorating contest will be announced, too. For ages 16 and under.
- Halloween Party | 3:30-5:00 pm | Delaware Branch
Youngsters can try out a “creepy crayon walk,” make crafts, play games, decorate goody bags, and get their first pieces of Halloween candy. For ages 17 and under.
- Harvest Treats & Stories | 4:00-5:00 pm | Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch
Kids and teens decorate cupcakes and listen to Halloween stories. For ages 5-17.