10 Candidates on May 17 Ballot for Library Trustee Election
Ten candidates will be on the May 17 ballot for four seats on the Albany Public Library Board of Trustees.
The following Albany residents submitted valid nominating petitions to the City School District of Albany and will appear on the ballot in this order:
(1) Sarah Macinski of Edgewood Ave.
(2) Gene Damm of Fairlawn Ave.
(3) Kevin Whitehead of Wood Terr.
(4) Paige A. Barnum of Lancaster St.
(5) Lynnette D. Robinson of Beverly Ave.
(6) Ford P.R. McLain of Elm St.
(7) Kirsten Broschinsky of Edgewood Ave.
(8) Andrea C. West of Edgecomb St.
(9) Tabora D. Marcus of 2nd St.
(10) Carlos Velasquéz of Jefferson St.
Three APL board vacancies are due to the expiration of incumbent trustees’ terms, and the fourth is to fill the balance of an unexpired term. The top three vote getters will be elected to serve full five-year terms. The person receiving the fourth highest number of votes will be elected to serve four years of an unexpired term.
View the video from the May 3 meet-the-candidate forum, which was attended by nine of the 10 candidates. The candidate session is preceded by a short presentation by the library’s interim director.
Details about the library budget vote, which also takes place on May 17, and trustee election are available on the library’s website. Look under “Quick Links” at the top of any page on the website.