Spring Break Activities April 22-27
It’s almost spring break, and the Albany Public Library has lots of fun and free activities planned to keep kids and teens entertained during their time off from school. All library activities are free and open to the public.
Here are just a few of the free programs planned for kids and teens at APL libraries April 22-28.
For a complete list, visit the library’s online calendar.
APRIL 22 | MONDAY
• Giraffes Can’t Dance | 1:00-2:30 pm | Delaware Branch | WMHT PBS Kids shows the “Giraffes Can’t Dance” video, based on the popular book, and leads a craft. Each family in attendance receives a copy of the book to take home. | For ages 3-8 | Register online
+ Slime Time | 2:00-3:00 pm | Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch | Learn to make slime using common household products. | For ages 5-10 | Drop-in program
APRIL 23 | TUESDAY
• Fairy Houses | 2:00-3:00 pm | Bach Branch | Build a little house for a magical sprite. | For ages 5-10 | Space is limited, so register online
• Meet a Mini Horse | 2:00-3:00 pm | Pine Hills Branch | Winterberry Farm brings a mini horse to pet and talks about how to take proper care of horses. | For ages 5-17 | Space is limited, so register online
APRIL 24 | WEDNESDAY
• Sheep Shearing & Wool Spinning | 2:00-3:00 pm | Washington Ave. Branch | Meet a sheep from Winterberry Farm then learn how to shear it’s fleece and spin wool. | For ages 6-13 | Drop-in program
• Fort Night | 6:30-7:30 pm | Pine Hills Branch | Build a blanket fort in the library, play board games, and read stories in your cozy castle. | For ages 5-10 | Register online
APRIL 25 | THURSDAY
• Angora Rabbits & Fiber Spinning | 1:00-2:00 pm | Bach Branch | Meet angora rabbits and learn how their silky fur makes the best yarn. Make a drop spindle, brush the rabbits to collect their fur, and spin some yarn to take home. | For ages 5-10 | Space is limited, so register online
• Crime Science Lab | 2:00-3:00 pm | Washington Ave. Branch | Learn about forensic science and how evolving technology helps scientists and detectives discover the truth about today’s criminal cases and mysterious crimes of the past. | For ages 8-11 | Register online
• Honeybee Business | 3:00-4:00 pm | Delaware Branch | CMOST (Children’s Museum of Science & Technology) teaches all about honeybees and how essential they are to the survival of many plant species. | For ages 6-12 | Space is limited, so register online
APRIL 26 | FRIDAY
• Junior Detectives | 2:00-3:00 pm | Pine Hills Branch | Mad Science of the Capital District teaches kids to use their powers of observation to become junior detectives. | For ages 5-11 | Space is very limited, so register online
APRIL 27 | SATURDAY
• Fairy Houses | 2:00-3:00 pm | Washington Ave. Branch | Decorate a home for the faeries who may live in your backyard. | For ages 6-11 | Drop-in program