Examples of questions we can answer:
- "Is there a city directory listing for Virginia Smith in Albany in 1915?"
- "Who is my senator and how do I contact her?"
- "What are the lyrics to "Working Undercover for the Man"?
- "Who starred in the movie "Silkwood"?
- Questions on Albany Public Library events, programs, etc.
Examples of questions we cannot answer:
- Any question that starts out, "I need some information about...." is probably too broad and too vague. Please be specific and detailed in your request.
- "I want a copy of a death notice for my great grandmother Virginia Smith who died in Albany in 1916."
- We need to have a specific day, month, and year to check local newspapers for any such information. The library does not archive birth, marriage, and death certificates. We can provide limited genealogical research, so we have identified resources to help you in your search. Links to these sites are located on the History & Genealogy page.
- "Can you send me some information about the Revolutionary War?"
- Since there are numerous books and Internet resources for such topics, we would expect you to do this basic research.
- "What are some interesting facts about Albany?"
- We cannot research this type of question. We can confirm a fact, or give information on a particular fact. Please use historical chronologies for this type of information.
Last updated: September 12, 2014