Fostering good health is the focus of a free Lunch Hour Health Fair set for Wednesday, Nov. 7, from 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at the Main Library (161 Washington Avenue). The event includes health screenings, workshops, information booths, prizes, and refreshments. For more information about the free health fair, call 427-4303.
Health fair attendees can:
- Get free screenings for blood pressure, pulse, vision, and HIV
- Learn more about health and wellness questions and where to find answers and assistance
- Find out about free and low-cost health care providers and insurance options
- Try out therapeutic touch and massage
- Enjoy healthy refreshments
- Win door prizes and giveaways
The event also includes free workshops:
- Reiki Basics—11 to 11:30 a.m.—Learn the basics of this Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes health. Presented by Reiki Master Carol Nersinger.
- Affordable Health Care Act—11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.—Get a better understanding of how health care reform will impact you. Presented by the Healthy Capital District Initiative.
Participants in the Albany Public Library health fair include more than 20 community health and wellness organizations, such as: AIDS Council of Northeastern NY, American Heart Association, Cancer Services Program of Albany County, Community Cradle, Eddy Visiting Nurse Association, Legal Aid Society of Northeastern NY, Mental Health Association of NYS, NYS Department of Health, Stratton Veterans Administration Medical Center, Upper Hudson Planned Parenthood, and Whitney M. Young Health Services.