Register for Albany History Race
Local history buffs can test their knowledge as they sprint around Albany visiting historic sites when Albany Public Library’s award winning Albany History Race
Anyone interested in Albany’s storied past is invited to participate in this “Amazing Race”-style scavenger hunt around the city. For this year’s race, the Albany Public Library is partnering with Historic Albany Foundation and showcasing the endangered buildings of our city.
Over the course of a couple of hours on that Saturday afternoon, teams will receive clues and location histories written by Historic Albany Foundation and dash around Albany making quick stops at historic locations. The final stop of the race is McGeary’s Pub (4 Clinton Sq.) where all participating teams
Here’s how the race will work:
- Participants must form a team (with all teammates fitting into one car) and register with the library.
- Teams will meet in the Local History Room at the
Washington Ave. Branch (161 Washington Ave.) at 1 pm on Sept. 24 to receive clues directing them to locations in Albany.
- Teams will have a few minutes to plan the quickest route to visit the locations.
- Participants will then hop in their team car and race to the designated spots.
- Teams must document their visits with their cell phone or digital camera.
- The fastest teams to complete the race will receive even greater food and drink discounts at McGeary’s, plus additional prizes.
To participate in the race, one member of each team is required to register through the library’s online calendar. Registration is now open!
For more details about the Albany History Race, please call the Washington Ave. Branch at 427-4376 or email localhistory@