A Report to Our Community
We’re proud to present our 2015 community report to you! The report details our accomplishments and highlights some of the programs and services that are available at Albany Public Library.
“We are excited to show you the good work we did last year, thanks to your investment in our city. We pride ourselves on being an open organization, and welcome the opportunity to share this information with you,” Executive Director Scott Jarzombek said.
We encourage you to check out the full community report, but here are some highlights.
A few of our 2015 statistics:
- WiFi usage at our branches increased 12%
- Attendance at APL programs and activities increased by 15%
- Meeting and study room use by community organizations increased by 114%
- Our staff are your friends and neighbors, with 67% of them living in Albany
Some of our accomplishments from last year:
- Changed the branch schedules to provide library service seven days and four nights a week, with more coverage across the city
- Enhanced the comfort and usability of the Washington Ave. Branch with better seating and lighting, as well as a new youth services area, community room, and study rooms
- Added more partnerships with community organizations for programs, outreach, and assistance to the public
- Increased usage of meeting rooms, study rooms, WiFi, programs, visits, and new cardholders
As one of our patrons said, “Libraries are where the magic happens…books, computers, great programs, and friendly staff. What more could I ask for?”
You can read our 2015 community report online, or call 427-4344 to request a hard copy be mailed to you.